Home and Garden Tour
Sunday, Sept. 13, 2015
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Save the date for Next Year's Tour!
Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016!
The seventh annual BRING Home and Garden Tour, The Art of Sustainable Living, explored the latest
in sustainable home design and gardening and celebrates the ingenuity that
defines our community. Co-hosted
by the City of Eugene and EWEB, the tour involved hundreds of volunteers, green
builders, designers, businesses, and experts of all kinds.
“Evolution in Action” was the theme of the 2015
BRING Home and Garden Tour. This self-guided tour of 10 homes and gardens
featured ideas and inspiration for low-impact living.
- Green building
- Creative reuse
- Energy/water efficiency
- Urban agriculture
- Tiny homes
- Outdoor living
TICKET SALES Closed
$9 advance/$12 day of tour
IMPORTANT: Online ticket sales are now closed. Please go to any of the ticket outlets listed below to get your tickets. On Tour day, tickets will be available for sale (cash or check only) at all the Tour sites.
PLEASE, NO EARLY VISITORS.
Tickets also available at:
- Down to Earth
532 Olive St., Eugene
2111 Prairie Rd., Eugene
820 N. 42nd St., Springfield
3409 Franklin Blvd., Glenwood
4446 Franklin Blvd., Glenwood
Volunteer and get in free
Tour Day Mini-Workshops
Be sure to make extra time in your Tour day schedule to spend at Sites 2 and 3 in the Laurel Hill Valley neighborhood. Tour co-hosts the City of Eugene and the Eugene Water and Electric Board will be onsite at these locations to share information about home disaster preparedness and energy efficiency. Workshops will be held multiple times at each site; see below for details.
Site 2: Map Your Neighborhood: Building and Strengthening Disaster Readiness among Neighbors
15 minute, information-packed presentations about:
- The nine steps to take immediately following a disaster
- How to develop a neighborhood skills, equipment inventory, and vulnerability assessment
- How to identify neighbors who may need extra help
- How to put together a 72-hour emergency kit
Sessions held at 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m.
Site 3: Energy Efficiency Technologies for any Home: Owner-builder Sven Gatchev and EWEB energy experts
20-minute, interactive workshops about:
- Lessons learned in building a compact, infill home using a science-based, house-as-a-system approach
- How technologies such as ductless heat pumps, LED lighting, and enhanced air sealing and insulation can be applied to any remodel or new construction project
- What’s new on the market–heat pump hot water heaters offer serious savings
Sessions held at 11 a.m., 12 p.m., and 1 p.m. EWEB staff will be on-site to answer your questions between workshops until 2 p.m.